This beautiful dish was created to match our new release white wine, Alvarinho, by Matthieu and Erica Miller of Milkin Kitchen. This seafood dish is zesty and refreshing, just like the wine.
Erica said when she first tried the Alvarinho she adored the flavours and knew seafood would be the perfect match. "Trofie pasta is Matt's favourite pasta as you can get it perfectly al denté quite quickly, and it's much more interesting than spaghetti," she says. "We felt the salty, zesty flavours of the dish matched the wine so well".
- 400g dried Trofie pasta
- 375g mussels, rinsed and drained
- 150g prawn cutlets, green
- 150g firm white fish such as ling
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 long red fresh chilli (de-seeded)
- a handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 100 ml Stanton & Killeen Alvarinho
- Chopped parsley, to serve
- Fill a large saucepan with 4 litres water and 1½ tbsp salt. Bring to the boil, add pasta and cook until al dente (5-7 minutes), then drain.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add oil, garlic and chilli and stir until garlic is golden (1 minute). Add prawns and white fish, stir for 1 minute, then add wine and cook until reduced a little and sauce has thickened (2 minutes). Add the mussels tomatoes and stir through until warm (1-2 minutes)
- Drain the pasta and toss it through the sauce, then let it sit for a minute or two to soak up the juices. Serve drizzled with oil and topped with parsley.
- Serve with Stanton & Killeen Alvarinho. Serves 4