Tastes like: a glass of liquid gold. Flavours of caramelised butter, malt, cold tea, flaked almonds and dried apricots
Goes with: any dairy-based dessert like panna cotta or lemon delicious pudding. Not only the domain of desserts, you can surprise your friends with something different by matching it with salty pork belly or duck rillettes.
Average age: The Classic range is the perfect balance of old and new material expertly blended with an average age of 12 years. It is the second tier of the four classifications, Rutherglen, Classic, Grand and Rare.
Cellaring: We’ve done the hard work in the winery by ageing in old fortified barrels. Once bottled, no further ageing will occur, so we recommend you enjoy within a year or two of purchase. It’s freshest within the first few weeks of opening the bottle and won’t “go off”.
What are fortified wines? Still keen to learn more about how fortifieds are made and about the four-tier classification system? Read our guide here. We also sell a fabulous range of home barrels and blending fortifieds for people who want to develop their own unique blend.
- Trophy & Top Gold: Boutique Wine Awards, 2019
- Trophy & Top Gold: Rutherglen Wine Show, 2018
- Gold: Australian Alternative Varieties Wine Show, 2019
- Gold, Australian Small Winemakers Show, 2018
- Gold, International Wine & Spirits Competition, 2018
- Silver: Victorian Wines Show, 2019
- Silver: Ballarat Wine Show, 2019
- Silver, Royal Adelaide Wine Show, 2017
- Silver, Victorian Wines Show, 2017
- Silver, Rutherglen Wine Show, 2017
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.