Tastes like: A wonderfully layered, dark and dense blend of Christmas cake, coffee beans, almonds and molasses.
Goes with: Dark chocolate coated strawberries or sticky fig and date pudding.
Average age: The Grand range offers a stunning level of depth, intensity and concentration of flavours with an average blended age of 15-20 years. It is the third tier in the classification: Rutherglen, Classic, Grand and Rare.
Cellaring: We’ve done the hard work in the winery by ageing in old fortified barrels. Once bottled, no further ageing will occur, so we recommend you enjoy within a year or two of purchase. It’s freshest within the first few weeks of opening the bottle and won’t “go off”.
What are fortified wines? Still keen to learn more about how fortifieds are made and about the four-tier classification system? Read our guide here. We also sell a fabulous range of home barrels and blending fortifieds for people who want to develop their own unique blend.
- Gold: Australian Small Winemakers Show, 2019
- Gold: Rutherglen Wine Show, 2019
- Gold: Australian Small Winemakers Show, 2018
- Gold: International Wine & Spirit Competition, 2018
- Gold: Boutique Wine Awards, 2017
- Silver: Boutique Wine Awards, 2018
- Silver: Victorian Wines Show, 2017
- Bronze: Victorian Wines Show, 2019