LIQUID LUXURY PACKAGE - 5L BARREL
A home barrel is a way to replicate what we do here at the winery at home, develop your unique fortified blend overtime that reflects your preferred style on a smaller scale.
This is the smallest barrel in the range and will suit people with limited space. Another benefit of owning a 5L barrel is that the material will age quickly due to the minimal surface area, ensuring a more complex product in a shorter amount of time. However, it does mean regular maintenance as the wine can evaporate much faster than a larger barrel (a process we call the ‘Angel’s Share’ which gives fortified wines their luscious flavours).
We recommend a 20-35% turnover rate per year for all of our barrels (depending on your preferred style), and for our smallest barrel, that means consuming and topping up at least 1-2 litres per year. If you think you would drink more fortified wine than this, we recommend a larger barrel. If you like a young, fresh style of fortified, and you would drink 5 litres within six to twelve months, a regular refilling of your barrel would also be an excellent option.
Front Diameter: 220mm
Weight (empty): 5.8kg
• 5-litre pre-seasoned fortified barrel with a stand made in Australia from ex-red wine oak
• 5-litres of blending fortified, your choice of Stanton & Killeen’s Tawny, Barrel Blend, White Fortified, Topaque or Muscat in standard or premium fill.
• Barrel care guide
• Laboratory analysis and ongoing assistance to assist with your blend and sulphur levels.
• Membership to the Barrel Club giving you exclusive access to offers, events and our newsletter.
• 10% off your first fortified refill, valid 12 months from purchase
About other Liquid Luxury Packages including pricing, sizes and detail about the blending fortified here
Our Barrel Care Guide is here
If you are unsure about which size is best for you, please give us a call on (02) 6032 9457.
*Please note that all barrels are carefully seasoned for several months at the winery to ensure they will not add excess oak to your fortified wines. Because of this, there are times when we have no barrels currently available. We suggest you call or email us to discuss the various barrel options available.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.