Tastes like: Christmas pudding. It’s one of our most popular wines with a complex palate of cocoa, rich raisin fruit, rose petal and dried fig.
Goes with: A muscat and espresso affogato with vanilla bean ice cream.
Average age: The Classic range is the perfect balance of old and new material expertly blended with an average age of 12 years. It is the second tier of the four classifications, Rutherglen, Classic, Grand and Rare.
Cellaring: We’ve done the hard work in the winery by ageing in old fortified barrels. Once bottled, no further ageing will occur, so we recommend you enjoy within a year or two of purchase. It’s freshest within the first few weeks of opening the bottle and won’t “go off”.
What are fortified wines? Still keen to learn more about how fortifieds are made and about the four-tier classification system? Read our guide here. We also sell a fabulous range of home barrels and blending fortifieds for people who want to develop their own unique blend.
- Trophy & Top Gold: Boutique Wine Awards, 2019
- Trophy & Top Gold: Victorian Wines Show, 2018
- Trophy & Top Gold: Australian Small Winemakers Show, 2017
- Trophy & Top Gold: Boutique Wine Awards, 2017
- Gold: International Wine & Spirits Competition, 2018
- Gold: Victorian Wines Show, 2016
- Gold: Boutique Wines Awards, 2016
- Silver: Australian Small Winemakers Show, 2019
- Silver: Rutherglen Wine Show, 2019
- Silver: Boutique Wine Awards, 2019
- Silver: Decanter World Wine Awards, 2018
- Silver: Boutique Wine Awards, 2018
- Silver: Ballarat Wine Show, 2018
- Silver, Rutherglen Wine Show, 2017
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.